Crystal Coast Dentistry, located approximately 16 miles from Morehead City, wants to instill this in our patients. So much so that we provide a new toothbrush for each and every patient who comes in for a dental cleaning. The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends that you brush your teeth twice daily with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Crystal Coast Dentistry urges you to listen to the American Dental Association’s recommendations, and act upon the ADA’s recommendations. Crystal Coast Dentistry wants all the people of Carteret County to have superior dental health.
Furthermore, Crystal Coast Dentistry dentists and hygienists often get asked “what is the proper way to brush your teeth?” The American Dental Association states that the proper brushing technique is to:
· “Place you toothbrush at a 45 degree angle to the gums.
· Move the brush back and forth gently in short (tooth-wide) strokes
· Brush the outer surfaces, the inner surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
· To clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several up and down strokes.
· Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and keep your breath fresh.”
(information above was gathered from American Dental Association Website – http://www.mouthhealthy.org)
Crystal Coast Dentistry and the American Dental Association wants to make sure you know that brushing your teeth is not the only thing recommended for your oral health. Bacteria can still linger between your teeth after brushing, where the toothbrush bristles can not reach. Don’t forget to floss!
Make sure to visit your dentist every 6 months for your dental cleanings! Carteret County’s Crystal Coast Dentistry is always accepting new patients, and we files all insurances. Crystal Coast Dentistry is proud to say we are in network with 5 major dental insurance providers, plus Medicaid and NC Health Choice.